The Westside Community Schools Volunteer Council plans and implements district-wide volunteer activities for the benefit of students in all grades. Annually, Volunteer Council activities results in nearly 400 volunteers performing 750 volunteer services.
The Volunteer Council consists of three members from each of the 12 schools in the District, as well as nine members-at-large. Council members serve three year terms and commit countless hours volunteering and recruiting others to assist with Council activities. Each member serves on two committees. Committee activities include:
- Student Enrichment programs for all elementary students
- Health Screenings for all elementary students and selected grades of secondary students
- Westside Middle School Career Day for all 8th graders
- Westside High School and Career Center Senior Projects for all 12th graders
- District Art Show containing students' work
- Special Projects like "A Blend of Friends" puppeteers
For additional information on Volunteer Council, contact 402-390-2130.
Click here to go to the Volunteer Council Resources Page