- Westside Middle School
- Westside Middle School
October 14, 2020 | NEW: Easy Access To Westside COVID-19 Response Plan
Westside Community School continues to plan in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have created a new COVID-19 section on our website to provide information to all families, students and staff. Please refer to the black menu bar at the top of your screen, and either hover your cursor or tap your finger on COVID-19 for a list of sections.
Please note: it is crucial that our parents and staff members report positive cases to us, to allow our district to respond quickly following Douglas County Health guidelines. If you or your child tests positive for COVID-19, please contact your school nurse, principal, Dean or Westside Student Services. CLICK HERE for more contact information.
Westside Community Schools will continue to notify the parents and staff in any building where a positive case is reported. Our process is as follows:
- Work with the family of the person who tested positive, along with adminstrators in that affected building.
- Begin contact tracing to determine when the positive case was last in our buildings, where they where physically, who they came in contact with, and how.
- Notify personally (by phone) anyone who should quarantine or self-monitor, based on Douglas County Health guidelines.
- Notify ALL staff members and students in the building where the positve student attends or the positive staff members works.
- Post all information on building websites.
Thank you for your continued patience, support and cooperation as we work through this pandemic. Please continue reading for an update from Westside Superintendent Dr. Mike Lucas.
The following is a message from Dr. Mike Lucas dated October 12, 2020. To view this in an interactive format, or to read in a different language, click here: https://www.smore.com/u1rpf
We continue to appreciate your continued support and patience as we work together during this global pandemic of COVID-19. The challenges continue but we are very proud of our students and their families, our staff, and our community in how we are working together to do the best we can.
REMINDERS and ANNOUNCEMENTS
- NO SCHOOL or E-Learning on October 15th-16th due to Parent-Teacher Communication.
- Our 2nd Quarter (5-Day Green) begins on Monday, October 19th .
- Please note we will NOT have school on Wednesday, November 4th or Wednesday, December 9th as those will both be E-Learning Days.
As always, we know our plans can change at any time. We continue to consult with the Douglas County Health Department on a regular basis. We are monitoring the community spread and concerned about recent increases and hope that everyone does their part to help out. We continue to be encouraged by the low number of cases we've had throughout our school district, as that is the primary piece of data we use to drive our decisions. We also look at contract-tracing of our confirmed cases and almost all of those have led to non-school origins.
We know that Green, Red, and Yellow modes all remain possibilities as we move forward.
Thank you for sharing your children with us. Thank you for your continued support.
WE are Westside!