Posted February 28, 2023
Westside Community Schools Teaching & Learning administrators are proud to announce the recipients of 2022-23 awards in reading and math: Westgate Elementary and Prairie Lane Elementary.
Westgate Elementary is the recipient of the 2022-23 Lighthouse Literacy Award for exceptional achievement in reading. Among their highlights:
- highest increase in proficiency in reading in district;
- average of 96% of students who started at Low Risk in the Fall of 2022 maintained Low Risk status in the Winter of 2022;
- exceeded growth expectations in both FAST and MAP testing;
- every grade level made positive growth from fall to winter in both reading and math.
Prairie Lane Elementary is the recipient of the 2022-23 Mirador Math Award for exceptional achievement in math. Among their highlights:
- second time in consecutive years Prairie Lane has seen great growth in math success from year to year;
- highest proficiency of math in district;
- average of 97% of students who started at Low Risk in the Fall of 2022 maintained Low Risk status in Winter of 2022
- highest growth on MAP testing in district
- exceeded growth expectations in FAST testing.
We are extremely proud of both of these schools' success, thanks to our dedicated staff, wonderful students, and family support.