- Swanson Elementary School
- Swanson Elementary School
July 12, 2022 | Important Summer Updates For Families
Posted July 12, 2022
We hope you are having a fantastic summer. Please continue reading for important information to get your students ready for the 2022-23 school year!
Returning Student Registration
All families of returning students must complete Returning Student Registration prior to the start of the 2022/23 school year. If you have not done so already, please CLICK HERE to complete this important process.
- Enter your PowerSchool parent portal information to log in
- Click Returning Student Registration
If you have problems logging in, please email email@example.com.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications
For the 2022-23 school year, the federal government has elected to NOT continue the universal free meal program, which means Westside Community Schools’ students will transition back to a traditional model with paid lunches. If applicable, families in each household will need to apply for free and reduced meal benefits (which carry over to other opportunities including technology, camps, etc.)
Note: school meals at Westbrook and Westgate Elementary will continue to be free, as these schools qualify for federal community eligibility provisions.
Mark Your Calendars!
We are ready to make this school year the best yet, and to celebrate 75 years as Westside Community Schools!
- July 28, 2:00-6:30pm: 7th Grade Orientation at Westside Middle School
- August 2 & 9, 6:00-8:00pm: College Boot Camp at Westside High School
- August 3, 2:30-6:30pm: 8th Grade Orientation at Westside Middle School
- August 9, 6:00-8:00pm: WHS New Student & Parent Orientation, Westside High School
- August 11: Elementary Sneak-A-Peeks
- Watch for upcoming communication from your building leaders with times and details.
- Sunday, August 14 from Noon-4:00pm: Back To School Celebration!
- ALL students and staff, their families, and all of our community members are invited to join us at the Westside High School football field for a fun day with food, giveaways, games, entertainment, and more! Learn about the great programs we have throughout our district and community, and have a great day celebrating all things WESTSIDE! FREE TO ALL!
We are updating events all of the time on our online calendars and app, Westside Community Schools. CLICK HERE and scroll down to Upcoming Events and Calendar!
We want to make sure ALL of our students and families are set up for success for the coming school year. If you need help with food, utilities, clothing, or other support for your child and family, please reach out to our caring team of social workers; CLICK HERE.
We are also partnering with One World Health Centers to offer two more Back To School health clinics. This offers parents a convenient way to complete school physicals, get immunizations, and receive treatment for certain issues.
- July 20, 8:30am-3:30pm at Westside High School
- August 14, Noon-4pm at the Back To School Celebration (WHS)
This year, we are offering a special opportunity for our multilingual families: four sessions to meet with our ELL leaders, for one-on-one help with registration and student readiness.
- July 28 from 11am-2pm & 3:30-6:30pm at the ABC Building, 909 S. 76th St.
- August 8 from 11am-2pm & 3:30-6:30pm at the ABC Building, 909 S. 76th St.
**Our First Day of School is Tuesday, August 16!**
**First day of school varies for our Westside Middle School and Westside High School students. Please watch for upcoming newsletters with additional details**