- Westbrook Elementary School
- Westbrook Elementary School
May 31, 2022 | Westside Ends School Year With Staff Awards
Posted May 31, 2022
Westside Human Resources proudly hosted the 2022 End of Year Staff Appreciation event May 27, 2022 to wrap up a successful school year at Westside Community Schools. As part of this fun and celebratory event, 15 staff members were honored with special district awards, including the iconic Schrager Distinguished Teacher honors. Several additional honors were presented to Westside staff members earlier in the week.
The Westside Education Association was proud to recognize:
- Rae Smits, Educational Assistant (Underwood Hills ECC), Educational Support Professional of 2021/22
- Maddy McMeen, Speech Pathologist (Underwood Hills ECC), Rookie of the Year of 2021/22
- Sarah Schuppan, Kindergarten Teacher (Prairie Lane Elementary), Teaching Excellence Award of 2021/22
- Sally Shepherd, Physical Education Teacher (Westside high School), School Bell Award of 2021/22
The Westside Foundation recognized 10 classified staff members with special awards, as well as $500 each, including:
- Tami Piper, Educational Assistant (Swanson Elementary)
- Stacy DeVries, Educational Assistant (Paddock Road Elementary)
- Rufus Dunlap, Building Services (Rockbrook Elementary)
- Juan Rosas, Hall Supervisor (Westside Middle School)
- Garret Garniss, Educational Assistant (Loveland Elementary)
- Carla Conroy, Educational Assistant (Westside High School)
- Sue Stuva, Administrative Assistant (ABC Building)
- Ann Coderko, Building Services (Westside Middle School)
- Janet Laughlin, Educational Assistant (Westgate Elementary)
- Robin Gregurich, Administrative Assistant (Underwood Hills ECC)
The Westside Foundation also, in partnership with the University of Nebraska Omaha, awarded 4 certified staff members $500 scholarships to continue their education.
- Michell Marino (Prairie Lane Elementary)
- Parker Christensen (Paddock Road Elementary)
- Morgan Mortin (Paddock Road Elementary)
- Melanie Essink (Westside High School)
Westside Human Resources, with generous donations from community businesses throughout the District 66 area, presented more than 40 gift cards and prizes to Westside employees throughout the event. Earlier in the week, Dr. Andrea Haynes, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources and District Operations, also surprised several employees with Westside BRAVO Teaching Awards.
- Jaime Kammandel, 2nd Grade Teacher (Loveland Elementary)
- Lisa Martin, Science Teacher (Westside Middle School)
- Ben Powers, Science Teacher (Westside Middle School)
Westside Community Schools is forever grateful to Terri Schrager and the Phillip and Terri Schrager Foundation for once again providing the Schrager Distinguished Teaching Awards to two worthy District 66 teachers: Julie Schmitz at Oakdale Elementary and Stephanie Pueppka at Westside High School. Click here to learn more about these iconic awards.
CONGRATULATIONS to all Westside staff members on an outstanding school year! Have a wonderful summer!