- Westside High School West Campus
- WHS - West Campus
January 12, 2021 | District Prepares For Return to 'Green' Mode
The following from Dr. Mike Lucas was sent to all Westside staff, families, students and community members on Tuesday, January 12, 2021
We are thankful to get our 2nd semester going. Thank you for your continued patience, support, and flexibility.
As expected, coming out of the holiday break, we had a total of 37 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within our school district last week (January 4th-10th). Of those, 24 were students and 13 were staff. We anticipate similar numbers this week as we transition back in our 50% Yellow Mode. We’ve had 5 cases reported so far this week through early Tuesday morning.
WE WILL RETURN TO 5-DAY GREEN on TUESDAY, JANUARY 19th. This means that all students that did not sign up for our extended campus/at-home plan for 2nd semester will attend school in-person every school day.
We will continue to monitor all cases and enforce all COVID-19 protocol throughout our facilities. We encourage everyone to self-monitor daily as we all continue to help combat the spread so we can get/stay in our GREEN Mode. We need to continue to be champions in the 3 W’s of wearing a mask, washing our hands, and watching our distance.
Below are some other reminders/announcements as we move forward this winter. We plan to follow our amended, published school year calendar with the important dates below.
· January 18th - NO SCHOOL for students on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
· February 15th - NO SCHOOL for students on Presidents’ Day
· March 11th & 12th - NO SCHOOL for students for Parent-Teacher Communication
· March 29th – April 2nd – NO SCHOOL DUE TO SPRING BREAK
· In the event of any snow days or inclement weather days this winter, we do NOT plan to have any at-home, extended campus learning for our students. We hope our students and staff will be able to enjoy these days if/when they occur.
· We continue to plan on WHS Graduation taking place on Sunday, May 16th. It might look different but that is our plan for now.
As the number of confirmed cases and quarantines throughout our individual buildings and district fluctuate in the coming weeks/months, we will adjust as we feel necessary. We will make decisions on a building-by-building case as we move forward this semester.
We will stay in contact with local health experts and monitor community trends as well. We will do our best to communicate in a timely fashion as we all work together.