Welcome to Paddock Road
The Paddock Road Community Club (PRCC) extends a warm welcome to new parents or guardians of students for the 2020-2021 school year! As a parent or guardian of a Paddock Road student, you are a very important part of the success of our School and Community Club.
About Paddock Road Community Club
The Paddock Road Community Club (PRCC), an organization similar to a PTA, is made up of parents or guardians of Paddock Road students. The purpose of the Community Club is to work cooperatively with school staff to provide quality education for the students; to raise funds to improve the educational process for the students; to be an organization that promotes family activities and involvement in Paddock Roads’ success; and to keep abreast of Westside Community Schools and community issues in order to serve and support Paddock Road staff and students.
Everyone is welcome and invited to attend PRCC meetings. Are you looking for ways to get involved but not sure you have the time? If you only have a little bit of time to give or you have more time to give, we have volunteer opportunities for everyone that help support Paddock Road in all our activities.
Starting in September, PRCC meetings on the first Tuesday of every other month in the Library at 6:30 p.m. Child care is often provided. Please join us and learn how you can make a difference by volunteering at Paddock Road. You may also contact any PRCC Officer to find an opportunity that works for your schedule.
New Officers 2022-2023:
Contact us at: email@example.com
Community Club Objectives
To work cooperatively with school staff to provide quality education for the students by:
- Providing teacher grants and stipends
- Providing opportunities to experience Community Learning Resources (off-site or on-site opportunities to enhance learning) including classroom field trips and all-school events such as Omaha Street Percussion or Rose Theater shows
- Providing funds for educational items such as books, instruments, technology, and P.E. equipment
- Funding playground equipment and other school building enhancements
- Providing support and funding for school-wide Enrichment Clusters
To raise funds to improve the educational process for the students through:
- Annual Fun Run Fundraiser
- On-going fundraisers (Box Top collection; Don & Millieʼs Nights; TAGG)
To be an organization that involves families, teachers, and the community by organizing and supporting the following:
- Community/Student Support – fine arts programs, sixth grade year-end celebration, scholarships, room parties, safety patrol, and all-school directory
- All-School Events – Meet and Greet, New Student Gathering, Learning Celebrations, Book Fair
- Staff Events – Conference Dinners and Staff Appreciation Week
- School Communication – Newsletter, Panda Press releases, Facebook, Twitter and a connection through the school website.
Community Club Sponsored Events, Fundraisers and Volunteer Opportunities
- Book Fair – We have an annual Scholastic Book Fair. The earnings from the book fair go toward new books for the Media Center! The Community Club assists in finding volunteers for the event. Volunteers are needed to setup the fair, keep books stocked, assist students, and list items to be reordered.
- Conference Dinners – The Community Club looks for volunteers each semester, at conference time, to help provide a meal for our hard-working teachers. We provide a dinner for the teachers both nights of conferences. You can volunteer to bake, cook, donate paper products, setup, or cleanup. It’s a great way to give back.
- Directory – Do you want to arrange a play date with a classmate? PRCC is proud to compile and distribute parent contact information in the all-school directory. Participation in the directory is voluntary. Contact information is obtained from PowerSchool and you must give permission for it to be printed. The directory is provided FREE to all Paddock Road families.
- Boosterthon Fun Run Fundraiser –Boosterthon Fun Run is a way for our school to raise funds and support physical education at the same time. This is the primary fundraiser for the year! Please support your child! Volunteers are needed to promote the event within the building, organize promotional events, and help out on the Fun Run Day!
- Room Parties – The Community Club assists the room parents in funding and organizing parties at both Halloween and Valentine’s Day. Room parties give the students and teachers some time to relax and enjoy life! Volunteer opportunities range from helping plan the party to sending treats, paper products or activities, and helping out at the school on the day of the party.
- Staff Appreciation Week – The Community Club provides treats, tokens, and activities for the staff to show our gratitude for the work that they do for the Paddock Road students. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available during this week-long event.
- Merchandise- Show your Panda pride with Paddock Merchandise! We sell Paddock branded shirts, signs and other Merchandise as well as organize & Provide free T-shirts for our Annual Fun Run to all staff and students.
We need your help!
Each of the above activities requires volunteers. The PRCC hosts some fun events with the great help of wonderful volunteers. We would love to have your participation! Parents, guardians, Westside High School and Middle School students are welcome. If you are interested in helping, please contact the PRCC Vice-President. Event-specific information is emailed out in newsletters and posted on Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to getting to know you and your family!