2020-2021 Westgate Community Club Officers
Co-Presidents: Angelia Kerst & Jessica Taggett
Vice President: Ken Kirkpatrick
Secretary: Mitch Urosevich
Treasurer: Melissa McMahon
To contact us or to volunteer, please email: email@example.com
About Westgate Community Club
As a parent or guardian of a child at Westgate, you are welcomed and encouraged to become an active member of the Westgate Community Club. The purpose of the Westgate Community Club is to be an organization through which parents can meet and work together to be of service to Westgate Elementary. It is our intent to be inclusive of the entire parent, teacher and student community.
Community Club Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of every month, 6 p.m. in the Media Center and virtually via Web-Ex link shared with all Westgate Families.
Who is the community club? Simply put, you are! Staff, parents, and guardians of children attending Westgate Elementary School are automatically members and we need your involvement! The Community Club is governed by a volunteer board composed of a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
Our mission is to promote the common interests of families with children enrolled at Westgate Elementary School and other residents of the Westgate neighborhood. We do this through events and activities that are organized by a volunteer chairperson and committee members. Some events raise funds, some support the excellent academic programs and teachers, and some are just for fun! All of them help make our schools a great place for our children to learn.
How can I participate?
- Attend the monthly Community Club meetings.
- Support our fundraising activities, including Trunk or Treat, Pizza Bingo Night, Read-a-Thon, Fun Run, School Carnival, Book/Art Fair, Staff Appreciation Week, Step It Up!.
- Read the monthly Westgate Newsletter for all upcoming events at our school.
- Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/WestgateCommunityClub
Community Club Fundraising Events:
- TAGG:— Together a Greater Good. Doing some shopping? Going out to eat? Check whether the store or restaurant is a partner with Together a Greater Good (TAGG). TAGG is an app that allows you to “tagg” a purchase at a participating retailer. A portion of your purchase is donated to the cause of your choice. Download the app and get started today! http://www.togetheragreatergood.com/
- Scooters Day: Drive thru the Scooter’s at 8401 F Street on the first Wednesday of every month from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm and mention Westgate. They will donate 30% of the sale back to Westgate! Thank you, Scooters Coffee!
- 402 BBQ - Get your BBQ on the first Saturday of the month at the new brick-and-mortar location for 402 BBQ at 3027 S 84th Street. They are open from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Mention Westgate and they’ll donate 10% back to us! Thank you, 402 BBQ!
- Don & Millie’s...Let Don & Millie’s do the kitchen work for you on the third Saturday of the month. Stop by the 8405 Q Street location from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm, mention Westgate, and we’ll receive 20% of the proceeds back! Thank you, Don & Millie’s!
Minutes for previous years
Community Club Notes 3-20-18