BACKGROUND: As part of its commitment to transparency and public confidence in the use of bond proceeds, the Board of Education approved the creation of a five-person Bond Oversight Committee (BOC) on May 11, 2015. This approval was contingent upon voter approval of the bond for the first of three phases of the District’s 15-year Facilities Master Plan for significant investments in buildings and facilities that are safe, secure, and conducive to learning in the 21st century.
Phase I: On May 12, 2015, voters approved a $79.9 million bond for Phase I, which was completed on time and on budget in the spring of 2020.
Phase II: On May 9, 2023, voters approved a $121,000,000 million bond for Phase II.
The BOC is responsible for the oversight of each Phase of the Facilities Master Plan that includes the following:
Monitoring and Evaluating:
* Expenditures of bond proceeds to ensure proceeds are spent in a manner consistent with the Facilities Master Plan;
* Timelines and progress of projects;
* Overall economic and budget status;
* Contingency plans;
* Efficient and appropriate use of funds by the District;
* Any proposed substantive changes to work or use of funds; and
* Issues and risks.