State regulations require that children with disabilities parentally-placed in a non-public school be served by the public school district within which the non-public school is located. Westside Community Schools serves 8 non-public schools within District boundaries:
- Concordia Academy
- Christ the King Elementary School
- Creighton Preparatory School
- Mary Our Queen School
- Montessori Children’s Room
- Omaha Memorial School of SDA
- St. Joan of Arc School
- St. Pius X/St. Leo School
Westside Community School residents with disabilities parentally-placed in a non-public school or an exempt home school are eligible for the provision of a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) from Westside Community Schools.
Non-resident parentally-placed non-public school children with disabilities have two choices:
- receive equitable services from Westside Community Schools; or
- request the provision of a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) from the resident public school district.
For additional information, please email Sarah Ehlers, Coordinator of Elementary Special Services & Non-Public Program Administraotr, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (402) 390-2284.